Thread: Last post date
View Single Post
# 4 14-10-2002 , 10:09 AM
Subscriber
Hmmm. SimplyMaya could have a Maya Library on it. You click a letter and it takes you to a list of things in Maya that start with that letter. Then you select a word and it tells you all about whatever you clicked. Then, there could be a massive, permanent Q and A section. You could get generous people on the site to write all the stuff out and experiment with everything. Like I would take on the section Create>Polygons>Sphere <box>. I would tell about what all the features in that window do. This would take up a lot of space and time, though. Don't know if it's worth it. It would sure boost everyone's knowledge quickly though. lol.
*EDIT*
10 minuttes after I posted this I realized that Maya already has a library installed in it. What we could do is take what we know and turn it into a question. Like this...

Create>Polygon Primitives>Sphere<box>
By the looks of it, I can do several things from this window.
1. Change the radius.
2. Insert however many subdivisions I want the sphere to be created with along or around the surface.
3. Decide if it should be created with poles facing along the X, Y, or Z axis.
4. And finally I can conclude just by looking at the window that it is possible for me to create the cube with UV's so I can texture it, or create the cube without UV's.

SO, I would then concert this information into questions starting with "How do I..."

1. How do I create a sphere with a specified size? (Note that I would not say How do I change the size of a sphere because in this particular window we are not changing the size, we are creating a sphere with a size)

2. How do create a sphere with a specified amount of subdivisions?

3. How do I create a sphere that lies along the <X, Y, or Z> axis?

4. How do I create a sphere that can be textured?
or
4. How do I create a sphere that has UV's?

This process would be done for every section of Maya. Like I said, it might just be a waste of space.

www.Darkware3D.com

Last edited by Darkware; 14-10-2002 at 10:52 AM.