View Single Post
# 60 07-03-2010 , 04:23 AM
Coming along nicely bullet.

To post multiple images create a photobucket.com account. Then upload the pics to an album on that account. Then you can select multiple images from you album(s) and automatically generate the IMG code to insert the images into your posts.

The syntax for the IMG code is

"{URL} code for a link to the thumbnail img, link to the full size img {/URL}" - where the curly braces are replaced with the square brackets.

You can create a strip of thumbnails by simply deleting the [cr] between the {url}... {/url} pairs. I find three to four per row is about the max.

It is also nice because you can add text between image thumbnails.

This has the added benefit of reducing the storage load on the SM site and you can add links to larger renders. I like 1024x768 images over 640x480 but that used to much memory to embed them directly in my SM forum posts. Since I switched to photobucket.com I use the 1024 resolution all the time now.

And for you it creates a nice centralized place to store all image posts and have backups and a history of all your works.

I have had two instances where I tried striping disk drives and had one drive go bad and lost all my work. I just recently lost a stripe that was mirrored and had the hardware raid controller lose its mind and it corrupted the metadata on the backup stripe and I lost the last 5 years of my work!

So having some of my renders on the SM site and in my photobucket.com account at least preserved the evidence of some of my labor.

"If I have seen further it is by standing on the shoulders of giants." Sir Isaac Newton, 1675

Last edited by ctbram; 07-03-2010 at 04:35 AM.