View Single Post
# 1 29-06-2005 , 12:43 AM

Water Fluids and explosion collision

hello,

I am doing a project that needs to get done fast.

I have gone through a couple tutorials, but they produced poor results, or I don't have the time for trial and error to alter it to my needs.

Ok, this is for a logo animation. Let me explain the entire animation:

Absolutely everything is quite and still. Suddenely some lights flare up (like something is about to explode) tinted and refracted by greenish blue water.
Then the explosion occurs, and rushes toward the camera.
As it is coming, a faint outline of the logo text is revealed, being shoved forward (at the camera) quickly. The explosion has surrounded the faint outline of the logo, and suddenly the explosion comes out of the water (the camera has been floating just above the water line) and water splashes up to the camera, with a explosion quickly behind it, filling the screen. Everything dissapears, the water is rippling behind the logo now floating above the water. Everything fades...

ok, obviously I can lower the Num Freq. on the water, lower max wave, change color, and lower transparency. I can keyframe the increase of waves and ripples for when the logo pops out.

I can do some sort of flare for the flash of light (a little help on this too)

I can steal the fire shader, and apply it to a animated NURBS curve with an emmiter.

But how does the explosion collide with the logo, so it 'blasts' around it?

When the logo comes out of the water with the explosion, how do I get the water to explode out of the water. I tried making it float or telling it to be a boat, but it would only float to the top, not actually effect the water. I saw something about making it emit a particle when the logo hit the water, but it would seem Maya would have good splash tools.

Then when the logo is out of the water, how do I make it look wet and dripping? (this is not neccesary, only a good eye candy). I know I can do the end fade with After Effects.

I really need to get this done fast. Please don't tell me to go to a tutorial (unless it really addresses the issue, not just close to it, so I have to alter it a bunch).

It would be really helpful if someone gave me step by step instructions, but that would be time consuming. I have a MSN, if you want to talk to me there. Please help.

mayawerks@hotmail.com