View Single Post
# 14 27-03-2010 , 11:35 PM

Originally posted by Jay
Yeah I agree, theres too much put on websites these days, 'it gotta be interactive'....or gotta have flash...errr no! Clog it up with crap and people get bored or just annoyed at the glitz. Waitng for sites to load content just bores me to tears and 9 times out of 10 I switch off and go look at something else.

Today's trend is more about using javascript libraries (jquery, mootools, etc) and ajax for functionality (and maybe small functional effects) than using Flash as much anymore for similar things. It's like anything else, though...it's how the tools are used or implemented.

Originally posted by Jay
If you are doing what Mike does or myself and anyone else in the industry,it really isnt about the bells and whistles that the site does, but the content itself. Yeah granted we all want a nice site. But remember what the site is for. Its about the work, not how tastless your personal tastes are LOL.

That goes for anything. Content is king. But, you should always present content in a way that is easy on the eyes and comfortable for the user. Good design can be as subtle as tweaking verts sometimes...it's the little things.

"Terminat Bora Diem, Terminal Auctor opus."