View Single Post
# 7 06-06-2003 , 02:09 PM
Subscriber
Hey thanks for all the help guys. I'm finally getting somewhere with this problem of mine. I downloaded Fruityloops and all I have to say is that it is one awsome program. Very high-techy. You can use a variety of sounds, have a bunch of channels, and it exports as wav, which is exactly what I have been needing.

I was hoping that I could easily rewrite my midi in Fruityloops, but I ran into a problem. My midi has dotted 16th notes (basically three 32nd notes together) and the shortest note Fruityloops can create is a 16th. So, I'll have to increase the duration of each and every note in the entire song by a percentage, then change the tempo in order to rewrite it. Another problem I see is that there aren't many standard instruments. Where's the french horn, piano, and flute?

I'm sure you can do this, so it's probably just a matter of figuring it out, but I can't seem to set the duration of a note. I was using some kind of saw wave instrument. Every time I inserted a note, it would play for several beats. I tried shortening the green bar in the piano roll, but that had no effect on it. Also, I noticed that with some vocal stuff that if you played the vocal at a low note, it would go into slow motion, while if you played it at a high note, it would speed up. Can't you change the pitch without changing its duration?

If I can figure out these problems, I'll deffinently be buying this program. I'll probably download Awave Studio too just so I can have a good converting program.

I know most of you don't have Fruityloops, so this post is mostly directed toward HAL 9000 I suppose. Thanks! (oh and I posted here because the Fruityloops forums are down)

www.Darkware3D.com