View Single Post
# 18 19-05-2008 , 01:34 AM

Originally posted by bilalbajwa2336
Here is the file. I will be thankful to u if u take some time for my project. and tell me how to duplicate the electron orbit wit electron for other two orbits. Please guide me. Thanks a lot

Ok, after taking a look at your file, it looks like you have a LOT of things going on all at the same time such as keyframed path animation, paths with history and transforms, and there were a few other things in your file that seemed broken on my end, but that didn't hamper me at all thouser added image

So, first I deleted the history and froze the transforms on your paths, and this allowed me to correctly parent your geometry+emitter to the path.

The reason I did that was to keep things simple.

That way you could get one looking and animating how you like, then, you could duplicate the whole lot and rotate it into position where you like.

But, sadly, that didn't seem to want to work without going into the Dynamic Relationship editor and relinking things and making things more difficult.

So, I had to start from scratch.

A few things to note:

When you want to Duplicate a group, but have everything be totally new objects and emitters, etc. you need to use "Duplicate Special", instead of just regular duplicate.
(See the attached image for the setting to use for that)
The jist of it is that the duplicate needs to dup the Input Connections (child nodes), and they need to be assigned NEW names, etc.

The second thing to note that when a particle emitter or particle object PRESET is made, you need to make sure NOT to include thinks like color aclum, expressions, etc as the preset for those will not be passed along to the new object. You must do those steps by hand, or via a melscript.[list=1]
So, anyhoo, how I got it to work was:
[*]I created 4 spheres[*]I positioned 3 of them on the outter areas away from the 4th, nucleus, larger sphere.[*]I repositioned the centerpoints of the outter 3 so they would rotate around the nucleus sphere each on a different axis. (rot x, y, and z)[*]I added that simple "time*90" expression to thier respective rotation channel to animate thier rotation without keyframesuser added image
So one sphere rotated on its X, one sphere rotated on its Y, etc..)[*]I then selected one of the smaller rotating spheres and applied a surface emitter, BUT before I did, I opened the option box and made SURE I reset it to the default settings in the dialog before I applied it.
(just to clear out anything from the previous testing)[*]Then I did the same for the other 2 spheres[*]Then I tweaked the first emitter1 and particleShape1 to look right, and made a preset for them.[*]Then I applied the preset to the remaining emitters and particleShapes, and tweaked thier look to taste.[*]Then last, I positioned the fields at the trailing end of each particle tail.[/list=1]

So, thats how I got it working for ME.
You may have issues with your setup as dynamics and keyframed path animations are not good bedfellowsuser added image

However, all the steps above took me only 15 minutes to do, so having to start over with your animation is not always a bad thinguser added image

Anyhoo, good luck and I hope this helped a little to lead you on your way.

Attached Images

Israel "Izzy" Long
Motion and Title Design for Broadcast-Film-DS
izzylong.com