Thread: dino_chick
View Single Post
# 15 08-12-2009 , 11:16 AM
Subscriber

Originally posted by GecT
Well I think you could bring out the details in the texture some. I don't know if its the texture filter doing it, or the texture was maybe painted that way, maybe an adjustment in the render settings would help. Its the contrast, everything is kinda green and blurry. The castle room doesn't sound like a bad idea, you could Zbrush the hell outta those walls lol :p and let me know if the sky thing works out.

P.S

Also I noticed you made the neck considerably thinner, looks like it would snap under the weight of that head.

ha ha. yeah, thats what I thought about the walls!

when I was reading about rendering displacement maps it was suggested to take off filtering, I guess its same too with the normal map. Thats one of the points behind this excerice is exploring zmapper and the different settings, and also how the exported maps then look in maya. Im trying to get more comfortable and get some experience with using zbrush and maya side by side. So things like, the quality and depth of normal and cavity maps im going to be exploring. Getting that 4096 map was a start, needed to install a plug-in for that.

The shaders for the head and body aren't quite matching up, which is a bit annoying cause i was quite pleased with the level of detail on the head. But I think the alpha work in zbrush was a bit deeper on the head, so will be going over the body again. I want to scuplt more skin folds and creases on the body, I just stuck aload of rough detail on to get a feel for how it might look, but I'll be reworking most of it.

re: the neck. Yeah, i didnt conciously thin it, it just kinda happened, im thinking maybe im can rescale once im settled on the sculpting and textures. I did kind of give myself a problem when i decided to just stick on a body. I thought about some neck rings like some you see some tribal people wear, that stretch the neck? to cover things up a bit. still considering giving him some armour/accessories....