View Single Post
# 60 14-04-2005 , 03:13 PM
Subscriber

Originally posted by Tim_LIVID

However, if your not using your pc you can get it to go a little bit faster by doing the following.

Originally posted by Tim_LIVID

I looked the the amount of memory that was being taken up before and after doing this and it increased (as I expected).

I'm not sure how much time is saved doing this or anything else like that but it works for me and I just thought others might like to know incase it helps them in any way.

if ur not sure if this works, why are you saying it makes it go by faster.
doing this on a machine running win2k or 98 will definately be unstable from my experience. and it does NOT make rendering go faster. [unless u can post render times tests]. i would not touch the priority settings unless im a programmer and i was running a lot of programs for debugging codes etc.

maya uses a lot of ram to start with.
the way to kicik up rendering, when i render at least, is to have as little processes as possible.
i usually have no more than 17 processes on my win xp sp2 machine when i render. thats the only time that i see very minute incremental render speed.

but i dont know what machine you are using or OS, so this is not a good idea for everyone. i lost a lot of work when i was making my first reel when i attempted to put maya batch render at real-time:bandit:

Image dump