View Single Post
# 79 16-01-2006 , 02:30 PM
first of all - much respect to your abilities. you are 16, right? we are all well aware of your modeling skills. you have a good sense of proportion, your modeling is pretty fast and gives awesome results;
but what some of us are also aware of is your unused potential. it is like in the 1984 karate movies, you know. there´s some 16 year old boy who want´s to conquer the world. but his master tells him to carry water - 200 buckets a day at least - which seams to be terribly annoying.

I would advise you to carry water. 200 buckets a day.

what I want to say is: put away all bells and whistles. if you want to model a real realistic one, then stick to the basic tool. try modeling your geometry within maya to the maximum realism you can even think of (and there is much more realism. you wouldn´t even need zB). don´t render or export to zbrush until it has that level of realism you are more than happy with. just watch it in the perspective view and tweak it there. by the time your perspective view looks like a monochrome snapshot taken from a real person - guess what the rendered result will look like.

this is no criticism of your workflow or something. you don´t have to even follow my words if they don´t work for you. I can see but you are trippin over your own feet. don´t hurry. it takes more time to go back all time for adjustments, then do it right in the first place and make the next step afterwards. I was just mentioning because I think you are capable of doing better.

kind regards
falott