View Single Post
# 1 31-08-2007 , 07:02 AM
The Maya Mountain

September/October Challenge

Ruins!

Yeah let's give some kind of environment challenge a try. The object of this challenge is to create some sort of ruin. Whether it be ancient roman, realistic, cartoony, futuristic, medieval, stone age, under water, anything goes!

I'd recommend trying to do some sort of diorama and not an *entire* scene. Here's an example of what I mean:

https://mtmckinley.net/ruin3.jpg

The guidelines:

1) This is a modeling and texturing challenge, but presentation is important. Anything extra you can do for the final presentation will definitely result in a much more appealing final entry!

2) The deadline is November 1st!

3) All work must be done by the artist submitting. You may submit one entry.

4) There's no limit as to what software you can use to create your models and textures.

5) A finals thread will be created toward the end of the challenge. Finals should be posted there, with screens/renders of the final result.

If you have any questions, ask them here. Keep a look out for any addendums or additions to the guidelines as issues are brought up and answered.

For now, signed copies of my books are what I've got for prizes, but if I can think of something cool, I'll definitely offer it up before the end!

-Mike
The Maya Toolbelt