View Single Post
# 5 07-07-2012 , 06:36 PM
You have way to much going on here and so it's hard to diagnose. I would recommend Stewarts suggestion and simply rename you Maya folder (close maya first). On windows that maya folder is in the documents directory.

The next time you start maya all the preferences will be set back to the defaults and whtever mode(s) you have turned on should be reset.

Maya like all the major 3D apps have lots of hotkeys and so you must be careful especially when pressing the ctrl, alt and shift keys. Unmodified key presses can also get you messed up the most common two are the "b-key" for soft select mode, and the "s-key" for setting keyframes.

So try to be careful but remember you can always get back to the defaults by renaming or deleting the Maya preferences folder in the Documents directory.

What I like to do is after I set up my shelfs and my own hotkeys I save a copy of this folder and when I inevitably turn on some odd mode I simply replace the folder with this backup.

"If I have seen further it is by standing on the shoulders of giants." Sir Isaac Newton, 1675