View Single Post
# 1 26-06-2003 , 07:35 PM
Subscriber

Debt collector + bone breaker out there :-)

Ok one of my collegue at work is leaving and setting up his own company. He came to me and asked if I could do his CI (corporate identity) and how much would I charge.I said that I would charge him cheap rate as he has been working with me for last 2 years.

The amount was 400 dollars. He shook hands and said we have a deal.

After 2 days I showed him the finished logo, stationary etc etc. He loved it and wanted me to give him the CD straight away. I said you get the CD when you show me the money. He was looking at the CI very concenterated. Anyway I have a feeling he is not going to pay and will just copy what I did. He is at work for only 2 more days.

I said to him today before lunch thatI have the CD ready and that I am ready for the exchange. He said ok and said if I could give him a print before the money exchange.
I said NO!! as he has seen enough. I think he wanted a print out so he could copy even more properly.
I was hoping that at lunch he would get the money out from the bank but he is dragging his feet and acting like nothing is hapenning. He did not say he won't pay he is just acting clueless.
I am really pissed off.

I have put this event down to bad experience. Wasted 1 day for nothing.
I can't pressure him otherwise he could blackmail me and say that he will tell the boss that I did work on the side.

Any thing you could do in my situation???? (apart from licking my wounds)

Last edited by slickrenderer; 26-06-2003 at 07:38 PM.