Thread: Audi R8
View Single Post
# 31 24-12-2006 , 02:58 AM
Senior Software Developer
I agree with Arran, you can't just come on here and then moan when you get no crits for a time. Think of the time of year, for most of us it's very busy in personal and work life, so we don't have thay much time. SM is a community site and therefore you should look at others work and pass on your thoughts about it. I am working on something at the moment, but have had no posts from others for a while, I just keep updating it and wait. We all do that.

Now...

The geometry on the window doesn't look clean to me, it looks as if it was a little complex and was sorted by a merge verts command. Apart from that the geometry is really clean, as Arran stated.

I also agree about the texturing, the shader for the car is not really that great (sorry), i feel that you should look at a car paint shader tutorial online (there are a few), to give you the proper feel. Also the rear lights look like a red lambert has been slapped on. Your good model has been let down by quick (and a little poor) texturing. The windows look like they are made of Aliminium and not Glass. Get hold of a nice glass shader or look into how to create one. I also recommend renderimg in MR with FG and GI too. There is lots of info on how to do MR renders online, they will show you the basics.

Good Work on the Model, just work on the texturing.

Chris (formerly R@nSiD)
Twitter
When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will truely know peace - Jimmy Hendrix
Winner SM VFX Challenge 1
3rd Place SM SteamPunk Challenge (May 2007)