View Single Post
# 5 06-12-2010 , 07:09 AM
Subscriber
@ Jay

Hey Jay!

Yeah i understand totally. The reason behind me saying a specific type of modeller was because i never really had a path i wanted to go in. And this was a disaster as i would start a environment project, and by the next day i would start something else. So i want to try something different which i enjoyed which ended up being characters.

Never really gave it a thought about how realistic i wanted it to be honest. I mean i would like to model it as realistic as possible but as you mentioned, its hard. Maybe to the point where i am really satisfied and ill finish it off with some good textures and shaders. Hopefully anyway haha. About the style, i am thinking more of the lines of a Team Fortress character look. But ill see what happens anyway.

Cheers man, i been trying real hard. And about why i chose a female model, believe it or not it was because the first 'good' reference i found was a female haha. Yeah i never realized at the time but your right about variation in detail in areas... I guess my next model shall be a male user added image

Thats one thing i started doing, looking at difference references to determine how much muscle/fat was there. I think i may have exaggerated a little on how deep it was as looking at it now, the model looks as if shes sucking in her cheeks... Yeah i been analyzing information from both topology section on simplymaya and also the one that stahlberg did a few years back. Some pretty interesting things.

Yeah i am gonna try lower the edge-loop count on the nose and rework it all. I think i added to much at the start and suffered. That is another thing i gotta do, fix the topology around it as it doesn't flow like normal muscles would as you mentioned.

P.S. Funny enough i was hoping you would reply to the thread as i knew you would give me some really good tips on things and plus, you are the man when it comes to character modelling haha! user added image

Big thanks again dude user added image
Marlon

Last edited by marlonjohn; 06-12-2010 at 07:14 AM.