View Single Post
# 1 11-06-2007 , 09:09 PM
The Maya Mountain

Summer Challenge!

Pirates vs Ninjas!

Yeah it's summer time and it's time to do something fun! And what's more fun than pirates fighting ninjas? The goal of this challenge is to design and create a pirate and/or a ninja! Get creative! Maybe your pirate is inspired by the Pirates of the Caribbean movies or maybe you'll design a ninja that would fit in the PotC fantasy world? Or forget the movies and do something original!

The guidelines:

1) This is a modeling challenge, but presentation is important. If you can texture and pose your character for the final presentation, you'll definitely have a much more appealing final entry!

2) The deadline is September 1st!

3) All work must be done by the artist submitting. You may submit one entry. If you want to make a pirate fighting a ninja though, that can be your entry. But that's the only exception to the multiple entry rule.

4) There's no limit as to what software you can use to create your models and textures.

5) A finals thread will be created toward the end of the challenge. Finals should be posted there, with screens/renders of the final result.

If you have any questions, ask them here. Keep a look out for any addendums or additions to the guidelines as issues are brought up and answered.

For now, signed copies of my books are what I've got for prizes, but if I can think of something cool, I'll definitely offer it up before the end!

-Mike
The Maya Toolbelt