Thread: Double Helix
View Single Post
# 11 18-11-2008 , 12:36 AM
Ari,

Ah, ok. I've seen that one before. I was looking for something more specific on the helix for ya. Glad you got it sorted out.

Regarding Meteor, that's a shame if it's just a matter of the current economy...not so much if it's just poorly run. I've been in both scenarios with web work....one, where the studio isn't making enough to pay out which affects everything and eventually tanks....to two, being one of many freelancers not getting paid for months and months on end (as long as a year) while the owners are jet-setting and driving jags. This particular company ended up on one our local news' "Shame on you" reports. Apparently, one of their freelance photographers had had enough and reported them which was good on him. It's amazing that some execs don't take into consideration that this is sole income to many freelancers....blowing off payments means no rent and no food on the table.

Originally posted by Jay
I helped on another one very briefly as well while I was there, on space travelling across the Universe. I had to make a giant Asteroid with erupting volcanic surface pockets for the other VFX guys to do their magic with particles and things. I did the whole model in Zbrush including dis maps and normal maps for the rugged surface

Cool stuff, Jay, and perfect for ZB. Was the final production model low poly with normal map then? How'd you get hooked up with the gig...it was remote, not in-house?

"Terminat Bora Diem, Terminal Auctor opus."