View Single Post
# 4 06-12-2006 , 01:30 AM
Subscriber
Thanks man, to be honest I think I'm a bit rubbish at concept art or whatever you want to call it. Because I was kind of designing while i was actually drawing it, I drew it in a bit of an odd way. I used vector paths & strokes (& erasers) so I could edit pretty easily what I had already done if it didn't look right later with other bits added. I really should have done an 'above' view of the speeder too, probably would have made things easier for me but I think I'll be ok.

I have pretty much done the hand controls now to where I want them, might still have a tweak or two : > I'll post more pics when I have the wings done - I decided to do that next user added image

Because I'm new to game art as well as modelling, i also hope someone can help me out - How many seperate peices of geometry is the norm for vehicles? And how will that affect UV mapping? Any other tips are also welcome and probably somewhat required user added image Oh also, the challenge limit i was given is 30,000 polys, but to be honest that sounds way high for the kind of game I could see this vehicle in - anyone have any idea what kind of limit would be appropriate for an engine like Quake 4 or HalfLife2?