View Single Post
# 5 05-04-2007 , 06:49 PM
Subscriber
spots use less render time too, better to add the back drop in composite if it doesn't move (the backdrop) because of render times. shadows will add render time so you could try an extra pass for them alone too.., anyway, you do the maths on it.

what amazes me Jay, is how often people just take in this (the whole film world) and not pay or acknowledge?? its enough that one really has to be on guard. I have wasted weeks and months like that. Its like you need a water tight 'just in case you like it' contract before you start.

the gnomon vid on lights is amazing, I dont think SM has a tut devoted to lights. might get something on Kurt's free franky, I got half way through because uni fell on top of me but Kurt claims at the beginning to go over basic three piont lighting.

shadows do not have to be black.., navigate to 'shadows' in the AE editor (with the particular spotlight, whatever already selected ) and change the colour of the shadows there,eg.. in daytime, one might choose a very very dark blue to try and add some realism to the scene.., just woke up, Hope it makes sense. anyway, experiment.

take it easy and life will be easy

Last edited by mirek03; 05-04-2007 at 06:55 PM.