View Single Post
# 6 01-08-2005 , 09:32 AM
hi guys

those were great tuts! went thru a couple of them. the squashy-stretchy rigging one works fine (except I stalled for awhile at the middle coz they left out 2 points regarding linking (here they are - i tesetd it out and it works now)

- Create the ankle’s IK (ikHandle_ankle) not from the hip as per usual (since there is already one there for the IK leg chain) but from ankle2Control (ie. so the chain ‘continues’).
- Link both locatorAnkle and ikHandle (the one created earlier from the hip) to ankleControl.

Everything works fine except that I am not used to animating arms with IK. I would much rather use FK if i can help it.

Legs work ok. One slight problem is that you can't get them to rotate from the hip - with IK set ups, you have to position the foot first, then rotate it to the correct angle after. That sucks. I tried doing a few different links and constraints to have it rotate from the hip but none were successful. or rather - they mess up once you set a key on it user added image

anyone know how to to squashy stretchy arms without IK? I suppose i way is to just used SDK on the scale of the bones.

anyway... my 2 cents user added image

cheers
LisaC