View Single Post
# 7 07-10-2003 , 11:09 AM
it was the drive, the ****ing bastard decided to scratch itself for some reason, i downloaded seagate´s tool for disk repair... it has taken its time (23 hrs), and has deleted half the info putting the sectos as "bad"... im watching what can i salvage right now... not much as the damage was pretty random... when i finish ill partition it again and ill go to the shop to tell em to stick it up his arse (the hdd had just 3 months) and give me another brand new one... lets hpe that the new one isnt as crappy, i tought seagae had a reputation... (in fact the small one is a seagate and has 3 years of service without ever screwing up)

i will put a tool i saw that constantly monitors the SMART parameters (they should have called em idiot parameters) and on free processor time analizes em to tell you when the hhd is going to go to hell...

and im considering buying a DVD recorder to make backups... just when they drop to 100€ (right now they are at 150€ so in three months, i expect the new hdd to last until then...)

tnx starup for the link ill check it out, if only to have it for anther time