View Single Post
# 31 06-02-2004 , 09:05 PM
Subscriber
(sorry for not letting it drop but I can't just sit and read this and not comment on it)

I find it very hard to belive. I went to art school with some of the most amazing modelers I have ever seen. My friend Eli is one of them. He recreated an uncanny 3d reproduction of Angelina Jolie. it was his 5th head model after 6 months or so. No matter HOW much background in art you may have, learning something like Maya enough to produce such a model would not be done in a mere week imho. Even people who pick up the program itself rather quickly I have not seen produce something quite so detailed as this.

Btw modeling dragons are one thing. Human heads are quite another all together. The human form is one of the hardest to reproduce in 3d and make it look right. Dragons, mythical creatures and the like are much much easier. You can get away with a lot since well there is no proof of thier exsistence let alone of how one would ACTUALLY look ^_^.

Albeit it is a nice model. Congratulations if you are telling the truth. I too wold like to see a screenshot of your MAYA workspace.