View Single Post
# 9 19-12-2009 , 10:54 AM
Thanks for the complement. I sure feel good that you found this helpful and I will work on normalizing the sound on future ones. Thank you for the feedback. I would like to try to make more of these for the SimplyMaya community.

You are correct, you see me select and highlight the tool attribute name "bridge offset" in the channel box, then move the the cursor back into the work area, then pressing and holding the MIDDLE-mouse-button I drag left and right to twirl the "bridge offset" value down and up respectively. When you do this correctly you should see a set of arrows pointing to the left-and-right to indicate you can twirl the value of the selected attribute name.

You should be able to do this with any of the parameters for tool nodes in the channel box. For instance watch when I add bevels and adjust the "offset" and "number of segments" attribute values. Sometimes I select the value box and type a value in, sometimes I select the name of the attribute and twirl the value.

Also note that there is a little symbol that looks like a pie with a slice taken out of it above the channel box. If you unlock this by clicking two times on the symbol to the left that looks like the move manipulator you can adjust the rate that the values change to get finer control when you drag twirl values (you can also select edit>settings>slow from the menu in the channel box).

It should work fine in XP. Up until recently all my systems were XP.

"If I have seen further it is by standing on the shoulders of giants." Sir Isaac Newton, 1675

Last edited by ctbram; 19-12-2009 at 11:22 AM.