View Single Post
# 1 26-12-2005 , 09:42 PM

Need help following Jason Osipa's "Stop Staring"

Hey everyone, I'm new to this forum and just getting started with Maya. I am trying to make a character using Jason Osipa's book as a guide for the character's head, and I have some questions...

1.) The main structure of the head is created by taking the outside isoparm of the mouth and lofting new curves in an outward fashion. The only way I know how to do this is to duplicate the original curve, scale it, and then loft the new curve to the original surface, but that just seems way too tedious. Is there an EASIER way to loft/extrude curves in an outward/spherical pattern???

2.) Do you ever "delete history" for ANY part of your model, or does that mess up the sliders and poses?

3.) In "Stop Staring," Jason models the head at the origin. If my character is going to have a body, do I model the body and place the head at its position on the body before running the Automatic Setup, or can everything (including the sliders made by the Automatic Setup) be moved up, scaled, etc.? Basically what I'm asking is can a fully completed head (setup, sliders, the whole deal) be adjusted to fit on a body, or do I do all of the setup, sliders, and everything else AFTER fitting the head to the body?