View Single Post
# 1 06-01-2003 , 02:22 AM

NURBS circles, lofts, and the Human Body

I'm making my first attempt at modelling a complete human figure using NURBS. The method I've been playing around with is creating several NURBS circles, scaling them to define to general shapes, lofting, then adjusting the CVs and adding isoparms where it needs them. No problem there....parametrization is clean and looks great. Before I get too deep into the project I need some advice, though:

1. My lofted surfaces are hollow inside....is this going to be a problem when animating later (with cracks showing and whatnot?) Is it better to build the figure's parts as solid pieces, like with modified cylinders.

2. Is there anything I need to be aware of when creating pieces to fit to the torso (when it comes time to stitch the arms, hands, legs, feet, and head?) I'm basically using the same circle settings for everything except for the direction I'm lofting in - i.e., I loft several scaled circles in the y for the torso. Then I do the same thing in the x for an arm. Does each isoparm number need to align exactly when stitching for it to animate properly?

Hope this makes sense. Any tips y'all can throw my way would be appreciated.

--Pete

"Terminat Bora Diem, Terminal Auctor opus."

Last edited by NitroLiq; 06-01-2003 at 02:30 AM.