View Single Post
# 12 05-01-2010 , 06:24 PM
Subscriber
Dude, I've been learning Japanese on and off for the past 5 years; I am obsessed with Anime, and have to watch it subbed.

For me, watching it subbed is a great help because you are listening to the language and reading; you start to recognize the odd work here and there, then phrases. For me, this is a delightful and enjoyable way of picking up parts of the language without having to concentrate on trying to learn it!

Another thing I have found very helpful are "instant immersion" audio disks; there is very little English spoken on it, hence the "immersion" I put them on in the car on my way to and from work; again I find myself learning without even thinking too hard!

Just thought you'd like to know about those 2 "methods" I have used.

I've Italian blood too; from my Nonno. I have always been a little gutted that I never had the language passed down from my dad. Even tho I'd love to learn Italian I am so obsessed with Japanese culture, etc. that I am determined to learn the language!

Why not learn still learn both languages? If you know people who can speak Italian, then all the better; you can continue to learn Japanese the way you have been and, if they don't mind of course, always speak in Italian to those who already can fluently.

I think I'll leave it there! Lol! Or I'll just babble on more!

Gambatte!