View Single Post
# 8 09-05-2009 , 12:11 PM
rbrtsn: Glad you like it and the view room things, I don't know what to call them either, but this area is called the Crytalline Towers as the brief so went with angular designs and so on. The lower levels may get reworked later as this section of the story isn't writtin but in order to get the cityscape shot done this building needed to be built first as it featured in the skyline.

Jay: I'm not a big fan either but if a client pays me to do it, then I do it. The clean look in many of them is purely down to time contraints as usually trees, people and street level detail take the longest to get right so usually get tacked on as clients prob ask for the building and then go 'can we have some tree and peolpe' at the end to which your inner dude would say f*** off, but not a professional response so a simple solution to keep everyone happy is 2D fudge.

The tree were just wacked in with Photoshop in post. Wanted to get back to the main city shot as the street level wouldn't be seen in it anyway.

Cheers

-Gio

Gio

Creator of The Talos Project