View Single Post
# 10 15-03-2010 , 08:30 AM
The cowling I modeled is more like a ultimate 300 cowling. The eagle version just has some strange stuff going on around the air intakes that was throwing me off but I think I have figured out how I want to model it now. I'll work on it once I finish the last couple proxy bits.

Here are some shots of the cowling (proxy). If you look at the reference plans and the photo of my plane at the start of the post you will see the difference in the cowling. It is still just a proxy for now so I did not model in the lower center air intake. But I am just going for basic mass and form atm.

It's not a big deal I just rushed to model this version because it was easier. I'll do a more accurate version soon.

user added imageuser added imageuser added image
user added image

These are the references I used for the prop. For the blade I just used "create polygon" to draw out a polygon that matched the siloette. Then I cut edges to clean it up. Then extruded for thickness. added a few edge loops to get the basic airfoil shape. merged it with an 8-sided cylinder for the base. Then applied a non-linear twist deformer for the blade twist. The hub was pretty straight forward extruding from a 6-sided cylinder for the hub and each of the bearing connectors.

user added imageuser added imageuser added image

The prop model

user added imageuser added image

"If I have seen further it is by standing on the shoulders of giants." Sir Isaac Newton, 1675

Last edited by ctbram; 15-03-2010 at 10:14 AM.