View Single Post
# 14 23-10-2010 , 01:16 AM
EduSciVis-er
I was going to post up some crit, but thanks for the reminder, Steve.

Wessly: I think the plain black background hurts it the most and everything looks a bit soft, but I like the expression. You could try to make the pose a bit more threatening maybe.

eye_grafix: Cool scene overall, and really creepy little character. I don't really like the absence of eyeballs, also the feet (including the severed one) could use more shape.

Dango: Really sweet head, love the expression and the texturing. Like Genny, I was hoping to see some of the other parts of the scene, but I guess since I didn't submit anything, I'm not really one to talk :p. The lack of eyebrows and eyelashes is noticeable, but maybe that's a vampire thing.

ben: Nice job on the sculpting, the veins and muscle really give it nice definition. I think that the colors you've chosen make it all look a bit calm and peaceful. You could replace the monster with a swan and it would be perfect user added image but seriously, the lighting technically looks great.

tweety: Awesome job on what you managed to finish. I like the asymmetry in the teeth and texturing. I think some detailing on the metal pieces would go a long way. I think the metal shader (if it is metal) also needs some work, but overall it's a sweet character.

s2-speedy: I'm not usually a fan of low-poly stuff, but I have to say this was my favorite overall. I really like the whole scene aspect; you didn't just include the character on its own. The poses are excellent. I'm not sure the sign adds enough to justify it being there (the joke doesn't really make me laugh). Still, the texturing and the raindrops really make it great. I haven't played Resident Evil, but I'd be pulling out my biggest, fastest gun right then.

Congrats everyone! Hopefully we get even more people submitting stuff in the next contest!

-stwert

Website - Blog - YouTube - Vimeo - Facebook - Twitter

-->How to Effectively Ask Questions on Forums<--