View Single Post
# 3 11-02-2007 , 11:55 PM
Subscriber

Re: i'm sick of talking animal CGI Cartoons

Originally posted by jali
as the title explains i'm tired of seeing the dry unoriginal 3d cartoons, i'm 22 and they had talking animal cartoon back when i was a kid, and another thing if there not doing the animal thing then there doing the backwards fairy tale e.g hood winked, shrek,
there are alot o talented people that can produce things alot better but dont have the funding to do it,

what the industry needs is new blood to shake things up, to make new inovations as far as 3d cartoons are concerned

p.s i know someones going to say "so dont watch them" which i dont. the thing that gets me mad is the fact that there making all this money off recycled ideas.

please no more talking dogs,cats,mice ect

its not talking animals i think thats getting monotonous,
its the plots, writers, producers are using the same formulas over and over to make a box office hit. and if its working for them, believe me they are not going to break away from it. i like cute fuzzy cartoony characters, as long as they have "character".
all they have to do is keep the stories original and funny. and making "realistic" cg movie has not proven guaranteed hits as cutesy-pixie dust-fairy-tale genre we're getting so sick of now. look at polar express, looks at final fantasy [SW] even advent children didnt do so well despite a cult following.
if i want to see a realistic movie, ill just watch a regular non-cgi cartoony movie.
i just wish there were more adult-humor movies coming out, or more good'ol 2d movies like way back when...

---
if you look closely at the onslaught of cgi kids movie from the past 4 yrs, you will see a trend in the character designs and plots. this is what im really sick of.