View Single Post
# 4 21-12-2010 , 12:18 AM
Lifetime Member
Thanks you two,

Changing my sprite images to bmp's did get rid of the scrolling errors.

I wasnt trying to batch a bunch of iffs though, I thought because I wasn't going to composit the snow ontop of/with anything else I could render to avi to get a postable output -quickly- And this is what was failing. After I still couldnt avi my scene with bmp sprites either I rendered to iffs (like david told me to in the tute) and it churned em out... though alot slower than I thought. My emmitter rate is a fair bit higher than Davids in the tute... by the time I was rendering frame 250-300 it was really chugging.

I then rendered to iffs with the original tiff sprites and it (slowly) worked - even with those output errors back???

I have After Effects 5 (not CS5 just 5) just not installed. I'm going to need a good compositing program installed soon but I formatted my PC about a year ago and havent had a need for it yet it seems. I do use an equally old version of Premier (6) for my 2-D stuff so I am about to try churn out something with all those iffs from yesterday in that- Didnt try this yesterday as because it took alot longer to render those single frames than I ever gave my PC to render the AVI I thought I'd give it another chance...

...set it to render and after an hour or so my Son wanted to use my computer as its slightly faster than his- and apparently it makes all the difference in multiplayer ??? And then we went to the beach.

I should ask somewhere else but what Compositing program do you recommend? Will AE 5 be enough or should I REALLY upgrade? In the apache tute and a few others tutes I have watched they use fusion, when I was studying my lecturer always spoke of combustion... I value your opinions.

Learn from others mistakes, it takes too long to make them all yourself.