View Single Post
# 1 22-01-2005 , 12:50 AM

texture questions

I have made it through the cartoon dog tutorial. I would like to texture him and eventually work on to rigging and maybe animate him. I am still new so bear with me on this. The dog itself is one object. They eyes and collar are seperate. I watched the texture tutorial here as well and I am not sure how to pull the UVs out and get them into photoshop.

But for the dog would you want to do that? It would seem that it would be harder to get the UVs to wrap around the dog and get the textures just right. Maybe I am off base so let me know. Wouldn't it be better to model things a seperate objects to a point to texture them better. Like if I wanted to add fur to just his head. How would I do that if the fur texture would be added to the whole object. I guess I am a bit confused as to how it all comes together texture wise with a large object such as a car or plane.

Since I am new I want to make sure I am getting the flow down as I go so later if I animate I haven't messed myself up because of the way I modeled the object. Hope that makes sense. Thanks