Thread: Skullcrusher
View Single Post
# 1 19-04-2009 , 06:39 AM

Skullcrusher

Hello all! This is my first WIP thread ever so bear with me here.
Here's the bear:
user added image
Arharharhar I'm so funny that sometimes I forget how funny a guy I am. Ok now that we have all laughed our asses of at that hilarious pun induced picture we can get to the boring stuff below.
V
V
V
Basically this is a thread to keep me motivated to finish my final project for my animation (I am going to try and make it as good as possible since it is my last year of highschool.)

Skullcrusher is a character I thought up while lying in bed one night listening to AC/DC. I got the name (finally) today, while stocking some shelves at my work. There were some Skullcandy headphones and one type was called the Skull Crushers. Yeah, I know, I'm so creative. Think of a mix between Iron Monger, Megatron and the Terminator. Yeah, downright badass. It will be a very complex model filled with pistons, gears, exhaust pipes, smoke stacks, armour plating, a plethora of different weapons and other mechanical bits.

History: After a nuclear holocaust caused by the Second World War, an alien race comes to Earth, taking advantage of the stupidity of the human race and claiming the planet as their own. A small team of scientists (deep underground, unnoticed by the invaders above and safe from the nuclear radiation) put together their last hope of keeping the human race intact by creating a war machine of massive proportions. This machine, or 'Skullcrusher', is made to annihilate any remaining Axis forces that may still be alive (once the mission is complete, the scientists will repopulate the world without the trouble of enemies). Unfortunatly, the scientists are unaware of the aliens above ground, and send out Skullcrusher. This is where the whole animation will begin...

Weapons and Accessories:
-Crushing hand
-Chainsaw attached to forearm
-Rocket packs attached to its calves/ ankles and back
-rocket launchers (on arms?)
-assorted guns...
-ammunition carriage under chest armour on rotating cylinders...
-A skull for a head.
-maybe some sort of ray shield on an arm for deflecting enemy attacks...

I don't exactly have the storyboard planned out yet...

So yeaaaah that was a very grueling read and way to long but I promise pictures in a couple of days! I have a few concept sketches made so far but they are at school...

The skull is almost complete as are the feet.

The thing I'm most worried about is the texturing.

Sorry for this horribly unorganized post. Any questions/comments/critisism strongly appreciated. I'm not sure if my story makes much sense so help is appreciated there as well user added image.

Last edited by Pandinus; 19-04-2009 at 06:45 AM.