Thread: Game Scenario
View Single Post
# 23 12-03-2007 , 05:45 AM

Originally posted by mastone
No i don't mean the actual bones, more the shape of the underlaying body, for instance when you were modeling a fat person, the shirt and the jacket would bulge out round the belly, but since you're probably modeling a fairly atlethic body the shirt and jacket would 'follow' his chest and thus bulge out a little, and around the belly it would hang free..
it's the same thing with the legs around the upperleg; the trousersshould follow the underlying leg, with the lower leg the trousers would hang free because the leg is much thinner there.

And i dont think it matters much that you have 50 poly's more than the guy from the video. to be honest i think that's actual quite good, since that person is probably doing it a little bit longer than you(or me for that matter) .
Just make sure every added polygon is a needed one then you will be okeuser added image
I also (think i) saw that you moddeled an entire hand, i don't know what kinda game it will be but if it's a shooter or a gta look a like you don't have to make all the fingers maybe only trigger finger and thumb the rest could be just a clump with a texture

there are also two books i bought that you should/could buy since you're creating a game character.
There about game- modeling/animation.

the games artist guide to maya and the game animators guide to maya

I personally find it much easier to find a specific thing in a book through the index, when i'm stuck, then searching through a 4+ hour videotutorial.

In any case i wish you good luck with your project (and probably your hangover:p )

Hi

Ohhhh I finally get it what you mean ehehehhe thanks a lot......well I've pushed a little bit the zone near the belly to inside, and the legs I've make it a little slim in the knee zone....I'll not push too much because of the animation, in the DVD the instrutor gives many advices so it will be more realistic in the animations made, so if some of the parts need to be ajusted I think it would be better if they're done after I some of the animations (I've never animated a character, so I'm a little new at this)

I've already ordered the animation for games book by Mikey, but I'm leaving in Africa right now, and I've ordered to a family member in portugal and I'm only gona recieve it next week

Hehehehe, I prefer an image than a word user added image eheheh, so for me I prefer buy a DVD than buy a book, it's much easier for me ehehhe, but I agree with you it's more easy to find what you want in a book than in a DVD

Thanks again for the comment user added image

Can't anyone figure out the quizz puzzle? ehehehe really enjoyed figure this one out heehhe (I'm a math geek)

Divide 110 into two parts so that one will be 150 percent of the other. What are the 2 numbers?

Already start UV Mapping the character.......just a pic so you see how it's becoming

Attached Thumbnails

"One day someone tells me that I was no one, no one is perfect, if God is perfect so I'm God" - No One