View Single Post
# 12 05-06-2008 , 08:06 PM
All these comments are absolutely valid.

To point one thing out. I had done this shot initially for the comic. In the comic he has his mouth open as he is talking. I wanted to use the shot elsewhere and so I shut his mouth and re rendered. That's it. It's not a shot I have spent much time on as it's a waste of time for me to do so.
So, if there are problems with it, cool, shit happens, but it has been out there merely to raise awareness of the comic. And the fact that people are on here having a debate means that it has worked.

What I thought when looking at it it that he need a little spec on the lips to bring them out and show the contour better, but I'm not gonna spend anymore time on a shot that isn't in the comic so I chose to let it go.

I don't presume it to be perfect, and to be honest I accepted that very few shots would be perfect seeing as I will have to make tens of characters and environments and hundreds of shots in my spare time, and so I can't be too precious about it.
that's a balance I have to accept to make The Talos Project happen at all.

That's not to say I don't value peoples opinions, good or bad. I welcome them in case it's something I have missed, but if it's something I have seen and have made a decision on there is no need to think I believe you to be an 'arse' and take it personally.

Cheers

Gio

Gio

Creator of The Talos Project