View Single Post
# 2 18-12-2010 , 05:33 AM
Administrator
I take it you've searched, I was looking for resources for arcitectural blueprints online a few months back but I came up with nothing so if anyone knows one it would be great.

I had a look on some arch vis forums now and these posts seem to go unanswered. My guess would be that it's because they're created by architectural firms and they don't release the original drawings for client work. My friend who's an architect told me to go to the city hall and ask for blueprints, they keep the whole city on file. Depending a bit on where you are and what it is you might even be allowed to take copies, but there's nothing stopping you from snapping a few shots with your camerauser added image If you live in rented accomodation your landlord would have the blueprints for the apartment building as well, and maybe the whole surrounding area. Another thing you can do is ask for blueprints in bars, restaurants and any commercial property, we have the blueprints for our bar as you need original drawings of the building for emergency exits and these things when you apply for licenses. Unless they think you're planning to blow them up they'll probably let you copy the blueprints for the building if you can get the owneruser added image

I think accurate blueprints for a lot of things is quite a task because it's not in the public domain and you have to write to the product manufacturer to ask and again, they might be willing to give it to you and sometimes they might not. We wrote to ask for the blueprints for one of David's watches which we'll get because we have the watch but if we didn't I'm not so sure they'd give them to us.

For the architectural destruction you usually find a few good text tutorials on the large texture sites, and there's tons of stuff for max if you google both on roughing up textures and fx. It's just a bit of work to find it. There's a lot less for Maya because most people who work in this field use max, however with a bit of experimenting you are able to transfer the information between the apps even if you only use Maya.

Nilla