View Single Post
# 40 04-11-2010 , 09:59 PM
I misread the reference images in a couple places. I was going through them again looking for details for the box in the center of the stock frame and I noticed there is actually a tube that runs from the last set of electrode thingies to the main part of the barrel.

I already added a detail there that I made up because I did not realize it was this tube. Since I already modeled a clamp at the part of the barrel where the tube would go I routed it it up and into the top of what I call the carburetor box.

Let me know if it looks okay. I also noticed that the bracket and handle are actually different. I was missing a lot of reference detail in the z direction. In the prop the entire bracket narrows in so the handle is narrower.

I noticed the width did not look right so I narrowed the handle section until the proportions looked better. My version has a slightly wider handle as a result but it still looks okay, so I plan to stick with it since rebuilding would wreck a ton of work I did on the rear grip pieces.

Proportionally, I think things are looking okay. Let me know what you think?

user added imageuser added imageuser added image

PS - This is a good reason I normally advocate blocking the ENTIRE model out, then go back and add details in stages. But I was obsessed with seeing the high quality detailed portion of the pine cone barrel and after that just kept focusing on each part the same way. Oh well, relearned an old lesson.

"If I have seen further it is by standing on the shoulders of giants." Sir Isaac Newton, 1675