Thread: Trax question
View Single Post
# 9 16-10-2002 , 08:21 AM
Subscriber
Well Jim & Nem

I say the Trax thingy being demoed at the DAW and it looked pretty good to me but this thing about modifying the keys once it's create seems a bit of a pain.

I am used the Animation Master and have been dabbling with Maya on and off since April. AM has actions and choreography actions. What you do is create say a walk action and drop it onto your character in a choreography - he starts walking. Now you can get this action to cycle, creates a robotic walk. The magic is that you can overlay this action at various parts with extra keys. Say you click on a hand, you can then drag it up and make it wave while keeping the walk cycle. Alternatively you can crate another action with the had waving and add it on top of that and even blend the two together to make the hand reach up and wave and then return to the starting position.

From my studies I have been told that this is Non-Linear and the tutorial said at the time that the only other program that did this was SoftImage.

Now what I am asking is you cannot do what I just described in Maya? If this doesn't make sense then I'll create some actions and post them up to show what I mean.

Tickety boo and ta ta for a bit...
Gazzamataz
https://www.gazzamataz.com