View Single Post
# 8 21-07-2008 , 04:48 PM
I allready thought about the way of distributing. since i have a sophisticated nurbs tube and I need to fill it evenly with spheres like some organic thing consisting of cells or a chandelier consisting of x crystals.

I have no specific pattern in mind, but for what I can allready tell the spheres shouldn´t be distributed taking CVs, verts or edges into account because this would mean the spheres get distr pretty dense in some areas and very loose in other areas. even would be the best description by now.

I wanted to get this script I found to work before I was going to pm you. it is called invade.mel. looks pretty promising from what the readme says but I can´t get the provided rayIntersect.mll files to work (8.5/2008) I might try it later with sooner versions.

can I maybe ask you later if you have some working scripts in stash in case I dont find a working rayIntersect.mll ?

thx so far gster

-----

edit: it doesn´t even work with maya7
I wonder why they would provide bugged rayIntersect plugins, the script looks pretty usefull tho. or maybe it´s just on my workstation.. but I doubt it.

everything starts and ends in the right place at the right time.

Last edited by Falott; 21-07-2008 at 05:00 PM.