View Single Post
# 6 23-02-2010 , 09:07 AM
Subscriber
i've never heard of such things until now

i tried reading the documentation on it but i've been getting way too pissed off at apple and the ipad and iphone for doing what i say and not what i want... and that makes it harder to concentrate on learning new things...

but. i did apply it and also turned the point light intensity down to 100 and turned up a directional light that is only linked to the fire to 2.
i found out that my primitives are hugely scaled for some reason... the grid just appears to be little thing inside the giant rock that the person is sitting on.. might explain why i have to turn up the point light's intensity so much in this instance..

as suggested i added some soccor ball pebbles, i took a bit of hammer's work to put in some grass made from helix primitives but i dont think you can see them all to well.

i wasn't aware (and still not) that you can (or probably can't) change how far the point light extends before completely dying off... i tried the manipulator tool as that usually gives some funky controls to play with when using fields in dynamics, but i dont think it changed anything..

i gave the mia_exposure_simple a go on the camera (probably should make a new camera instead of using the default persp..) and just played around with the settings and refering to the documentation

i think it looks better... either way i think i can only stick with the one above since it's probably way past the deadline!

user added image

oh and i stopped the directional light that is meant to be the moon light from casting shadows

that's a "Ch" pronounced as a "K"

Computer skills I should have:
Objective C, C#, Java, MEL. Python, C++, XML, JavaScript, XSLT, HTML, SQL, CSS, FXScript, Clips, SOAR, ActionScript, OpenGL, DirectX
Maya, XSI, Photoshop, AfterEffects, Motion, Illustrator, Flash, Swift3D

Last edited by Chirone; 23-02-2010 at 09:10 AM.