View Single Post
# 11 12-08-2008 , 03:18 AM

Originally posted by Chirone
only AND and OR... hahaha, man, that ain't gonna go far! not with out a NOT. everything can be constructed from NOTs and ORs, that's all you need

ah yes, i have a BSc in Computer Science and Logic and Computation... although it doesn't say that on my certificate....pretty lame

i'm more interested in the software side of things than the hardware side of things... and something about assembly just makes me want to hug Visual Studio and Eclipse...

sucks that if all the people who could make hardware vanished then i'd have nothing to do

wait... that came out really bad.... well... i'd just not be able to get a job... unless i could be a freelance writer and live life never knowing if i'll get a pay cheque

Lol!

Yeah, I need NOR gates, but I haven't managed to find them yet... Its kinda difficult sorting little DIP chips as the pins are sharp! user added image

Speaking of programming, I don't think there will ever be a high-level language for the computer... it will all be done in machine code! No assembly cause I can't program anything (other than my firewall and some trivial bash, C++ and basic). Of course, being all for user friendly, a large infomative table will be drawn up detailing all the opcodes and fields! user added image

One last thing... I need names for my design... I was thinking of "FLOPS"*, but that would be kinda not suitable since the thing can't do floating point so the thinking cap goes back on...

* free cookie for the first person to get the reference!

C. P. U. Its not a big processor... Its a series of pipes!

Last edited by The Architect; 12-08-2008 at 03:21 AM.