Thread: yoda
View Single Post
# 92 09-05-2007 , 07:17 AM
Maniacal boy king of Babylon
okay, i've finally had some time to go at maya again and made an "alternative" lightsaber.
i used a sampler info node connected to a v-ramp(facing ratio-v-coord) to make it look like as if the saber has a bright core....
...but when i look at it at a slightly angular view this effect doesn't last, my question is; is there a way to maintain the bright saber core(as shown in the picture)?

I've just started making some controls to the character and i tried to make the lightsaber stick to the hand and follow the rotations of the hand.
because the saber consists out of two poly-objects i grouped them into a saber group created a locator and used a point and orient constrain so that i can move and rotate the saber with ease.
I used a SDK-control on the armcontrol to make the fist which holds the saber, i placed the saber within his "fist", created a new locator snapped it to the lightsaber -locator then orient and point-constrained the saberlocator to the newly created locator and the point and orient constrained the new locator to the arm controls.
It didn't work:headbang:
does anyone know a better way to do this?

Attached Thumbnails