Thread: careers in UK
View Single Post
# 8 18-04-2008 , 04:01 PM
Lead Modeler - Framestore
LOL cheers Aiko!!

Ive had a couple of 3d over the last 15years, 3d comics, for newspapers and graphic design stuff too, plus digital photowork etc...

I was lucky to get on 'Headcases' though, thats a big thanks to Steve (gster123) he found the job and put it in my direction, after applying I phoned them up, as I wanted the job, luckily I was on the short list and as I phoned them it made difference too I think as it made me seem more keen to get on with it.

But as with most jobs its all about luck and having good skills to win the employer over.

There are lots of 3d jobs out there you have to find them, just do a google search for things like 3d modeller, animator jobs etc, you'll be surprised at what comes up and then you'll taken to various sites where there'll be jobs etc...

as for money, well thats a real personal question to just ask someone but I'll tell you this dont expect to earn awsome money as soon as you start, expect a low wage of 15-17,000....pounds

the sooner you get your arse in gear the sooner you can earn more, but it should never be about the money when you start out, its about loving what you do and your enthusiasms for your job, thats what takes you higher...

_Jay