View Single Post
# 1 25-05-2010 , 05:19 PM
Subscriber

maya texturing - whole process greatly confusing

I am looking for other Maya tutorial videos on UV mapping, unwrapping and texturing .... the whole process of taking the model and putting a texture on it and photoshop texturing........ whole process if that makes any sense?? I don't want a video on working in photoshop, but I don't know how to get the texture "off" the model and then like work on the texture in photoshop and have the texture reflect my work in realtime in maya??

I know 3dsmax can do this because in my search for videos on maya texturing I found some in 3dsmax that can do it real time but can maya do that too? I see I can load a material-file-.psd file but I can't make it do anything. It's trial and error for me basically. I use maya 2009 unlimited.

Maybe I've got it all wrong but I thought modeling was hard and now it's easy but texturing is really super hard for me. I need to figure out how to do this to become a better artist. Googling 'maya texturing' is damn near useless for me.

Can I please get some help here?? Thank you

cahemdue@hotmail.com

"Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety." -- Benjamin Franklin