View Single Post
# 1 01-11-2007 , 01:17 AM
Subscriber

Rigging HELP!: Orient Constrain

I'm having a really frustrating time with the rigging.

I made a neckControl for my character. Right now there's an IKhandle from the neck to the basehead.

I selected my neckControl, shift selected the top IK(where the headbase is).
Applied Constrain>Point.

Now I went and selected the neck control, and selected the headbase. Applied Constrain>Orient(maintain offset off). My neck bends 90 degrees. What's going on here?

What I did to "TRY" and fix that:
1. In Constrain>Orient, I turned on maintain offset, but that didn't work right. The joint didn't bend 90 degrees, but when you move the skeleton around, it was wobbly.

2. I checked the local rotation axis. Noticed from the neck to the head, the local rotation axis were in different direction from the rest of the skeleton. What I did was I rotated those axis into the right position(not sure if I did it right since it moved the whole neck and head.) After I did that, I went back to constrain>Orient. Neck joint still bends. I noticed, as soon as I applied the Orient, the local rotation axis flipped also.

Any help asap?

I'm attaching a screen cap and the file so play around with it and help me out. user added image

PS: in the file, I'm missing one neck joint. I unparented, added another joint, and parented to fix that.

Update: With all the orientations the same, its still bending.