View Single Post
# 76 25-07-2003 , 09:47 AM

Originally posted by R-Tillery
There’s an old saying that confuses me, so maybe you could help me out. It goes” A bird in the hand is better then two in the bush”, what do they mean by bird in the hand? And who’s bush are we talking aboutuser added image

For master adl laughed when trying to find a plausible explanation to this one, for he knows R-Tillery is a preverted f*ck and wanted to mess up his thread .. yet he remembered and sought a fable he thought might be actually enlightening to some.

A young man approached a wizened elder and said, " I know you have wisdom and know all things. I hold in my hand a small bird behind my back.

Tell me, wise one, is the bird alive or dead." The wise master knew that he was being set up for a trap and so he thought very deeply about his decision.

The old master knew if he said dead, the young man would bring his cupped hands forward and release the bird alive. If he said the bird was alive, the young man with his hand hidden behind his back could quickly crush the bird and produce it dead.

The wisdom of the old savant prevailed and he responded, "The bird is as you will it. It is either alive or dead. In your hands you hold its fate."

adldesigner
Caracas, Venezuela
Hell .. not gone perse, but with a certainly lower post count per day.