View Single Post
# 1 20-07-2004 , 10:48 AM
Subscriber

Maya V Max in game development

Hi all,
I'm sure that this subject has been covered many times before, but I want to hear from people who are developing into the games market.
I've been a illustrator for 10 years and have used maya for illustration for the last 3 years. But my company are now getting into the educational games market. The problem for me is not having any games development experience under my belt. I have produced all the game assets on a massive project with just another Maya artist. I didn't have a clue as to how I was going to supply all the models to the programers. The guys that were putting it all together in the game engine had a real big problem with it being created in Maya and that Max was the only tool the job.
Now there must be some way round this? I had to learn Max Basics only in order to complete the job putting in dummy objects ect.
I don't want to learn Max but it seems that my 4 years with Maya is at an end as all the game programmers want max files.
As I said I dont know enough about this field to ask the right questions, but I have got to learn fast on this.. So the questions are, are there many Maya Game developers out there, and how are the final assets supplied to the game programmer, and how is character animation exported.

Cheers all
steve

It is by my will alone I set my mind in motion