Thread: Freelance work
View Single Post
# 10 19-04-2010 , 09:39 PM
Lead Modeler - Framestore
Yeah Im the same as Hammer, on a daily rate. Us dudes in the London VFX houses have to do it this way all the time.

But having experienced working from home you really need to go by the hour rate, unless the client of course wants a ball park figure for the whole job.

Jeez a thousand for a still??? thats a fair old bit, I'd like to see one if I may, that sure better be one hell of a still.

I would do it the other way round, more like a thousand for a VFX shot, its more involved and the downtime for rendering an animation stops you from working and hundred etc for a still down time is less. So it goes hand in hand if you know what I mean.

The thing is as a freelancer you can charge that extra bit because if you are out of work you have that cash helping you until the next gig.

stwert: Theres no set rate at the end of the day, it boils down to your experience and how good you are. Obviously guys like Tds and Riggers are gonna earn the higher wage. I know of one rigger earning in and around the 70k mark, (they told me its cheap LOL) but its more than me as a modeller and Im pretty happy with what I get

Jay