View Single Post
# 8 24-02-2007 , 02:31 AM
Don't know if its happened to anyone else, but when you uninstall your graphic cards drivers, you have to be careful not to remove the default drivers that came with Windows. I did that once when I used an NVIDIA and I got all sorts of errors regarding the drivers saying that I don't have an NVIDIA and stuff.

Anyways, if new drivers don't fix the Maya problems, it doesn't mean you have a dying card, a dying card has a garbled picture with flickering multicoloured blocks (yep, I've seen one) and all sorts or wierdness and from the screenshot you've posted, your card looks fine, its probaly a software problem with either Maya or Windows.

mirek03 > '...Open GL is relatively new and if your graphics card id good but old, you might be in trouble if you recently upgraded maya.'

OpenGL has actually been around for ages - Quake II back in 1997 ran on OpenGL (I think ATI Rage was the card of choice back then...) and SGI, being the creators of OpenGL had it since 1993 I think. The thing is, can your video card support the version of OpenGL Maya uses...