Thread: 2009 Camaro
View Single Post
# 39 16-01-2008 , 11:57 AM
As Zbrushiac sounds stupid!

Originally posted by gster123
Looking pretty good.

I think its the camera position that youve got but it on the 2nd render it makes the part where the door frame/windscreen frame meets the body look like it dosnt continue properly, although in the other renders it look fine, so its either the lighting position causing a high highlight on that area, or the camera angle.

I also reckon the shader could do with a tweek, as the fresnell effect looks a tad over done in the mid angles, it kinda goes form virtually no reflectivity to full without a nice ramp up to it if you get what I mean.

Also to iron out the look and get a better overall sense of the car In a studio render I would make the background white as the coloured backgorund kinda "taints" the look to it and gives a bit of a false impression of the specs.

Thanks for your input!

About the seam on the front Bumper/Fender. That i believe is just the lighting and camera angle playing tricks on us. The actual model itself lines up perfectly (or as near to as possible) you can see this in the Clay Renders.

As for the 'lack' of reflections in the paint in certain areas, i believe this is because these areas have nothing to reflect.
The main area effected by this, is the roof. Which has nothing but the white camera backdrop to reflect.
I will be checking into all of these problems, and seeing if theres a problem with the shaders, or the Scene.

I will probably set up a white studio render scene at some point tonight. I simply put in the Orange as a test. These Renders are not very high quality. I will crank up the setting, and get some real Renders out when I've finalized all the shaders, and texture.

Again thanks for your input, it's most appreciated.

user added image

www.stevenegan-cgi.com

"Your weapons are no match for ours! People of Mars, surrender!"
"Um, this isn't Mars. This is Earth."
"Earth? Earth-with-nuclear-weapons Earth?"
"Yes."
[long pause] "Friend!!"