View Single Post
# 3 03-01-2005 , 04:05 AM
Subscriber

The nurbs objects will be a 1 piece item not in parts so the different parts are welded together rather than left apart, this will be done so that the animators can move the objects without them falling apart all the time.

If you look at yoda from esp 2 in star wars you won't see textures streaching and he looks real instead of plastic looking.

Shrek 1 and 2 have kept the plastic type look but you don't get any textures streaching.

Thanks for the comments.. i was starting to feel i should have posted this somewhere else.

Ok, nurbs objects will be a 1 piece item,,, i have heard this on dvds and so on, then the surfaces are seperate right, because i can see them selecting it. They use the global sitch and other tools to bring their nurbs surfaces together, if they are not using a vertex,, then are the surfaces really welded together or just the handles that control the spline..

Hmm,, the yoda is a nurbs character or sub-d. All i can remember is the golum character from LOTR is a sub-d. I remember them talking about nurbs and sub-d.

So which one is the one with texture stretching, the polys or nurbs. How easy is a nurbs model to texture. i have often heard ppl saying its more difficult to texture a nurbs model.

Last edited by Kumar; 03-01-2005 at 04:18 AM.